Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Adriane's Laws of Driving

After a close run-in with another potential death-inducing event today, I feel justified in proclaiming my Laws of Driving (henceforth called "The Laws") to the blog-literate community of which I am a part. First, I shall explain the near-death experience which led to this list's formation.

Imagine two very busy roads (we'll call them Road A and Road B, for simplicity), forming an even busier intersection. Also consider the fact that it was at this intersection that my family had a wreck when I was 16, leading to emotional distress for me & my not wanting to drive until I was an aged teen.

So I'm turning left from Road A onto Road B, and I have a green arrow. Three cars are in front of me. Car #1 goes through. The arrow is still green. The other two go enter the intersection, as do I. However, before Car #2 can get all the way through, a group of high school students (who had apparently had a large percentage of their brain function impared due to absorbing all of the smog for which America is noted, as they seemed to enjoy being outside in the middle of the street) started crossing. Slowly. Leaving me IN the intersection when the light turned red. What t'was I to do??? I started to go through, as I was sortof stuck in the previously-established-as-very-busy intersection, but then I realized that I was about to be pummeled by oncoming traffic. So I backed up. Yeah. I felt stoooopid.

Really, I should blame myself, as going on the red light probably wasn't the most intelligent option in that situation. However, I've decided to blame those pedestrians.

I just deleted about 3 of my Laws. I decided that was stupid. Goodnight!

Today's Random Fact: Conformity is for suckers. I try to be a non-sucker. Ergo, I try to be a non-conformist.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home