Thursday, May 11, 2006

Orchestra Revisited

I went to the Klein Orchestra concert tonight. It was awesome...even though Klein has become somewhat ghetto/slackerish, the performance was awesome. Chamber (whee!) played a Finzi piece (whom Jennifer has stated that she hates lol). The combined Symphony played pieces by Shostakovich, Rimsky-Korsakov, and Tchaikovsky (The 1812). Of course, the other 2 orchs played things too. The "finale" was Phantom of the Opera. It was great, but the lighting was cheesy. Jill said that she was sure the Phantom himself was actually "in" the Centrum!

Jill, Brit, Katie Z, Amanda & I went to IHOP after the concert. Jennifer was a pooper & skipped out, using an early work day as her lame excuse. Ha!

Speaking of which, I'm using tomorrow to apply for lots & lots of jobs. I don't mean that I'm going to actually work at lots & lots of jobs. In fact, I think one will suffice. But I'm applying everywhere.

So, I sink it's about time for bed. I should probably try to look nice tomorrow. Tonight was the first time I've straightened my hair in 2 weeks. I've worn it curly every day except yesterday, when I went full-fledged lazy & put my wet hair in a ponytail. Yes, I am a college bum. Actually, I'm worse than a college bum...I'm a college bum home on break. Yeah, this is the life... Eventually, reality will set in, and I will be a college bum home on break who is working & taking summer classes against her will. Thaaaat should be interesting.

Today's Random Fact: I've realized tonight that I've been asking everyone (in orchestra) if I could transfer to their schools. Everyone has a better orchestra than UTD. Everyone has also given me permission to transfer. Don't worry, UTD friends...I'm not leaving. I love it there...but...orchestra...:( Me = very sad about this situation, and I look forward to its timely fix (aka find private teacher or a community orchestra).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Finzi? Bletch! Ok, so his work can be kind of pretty, but the song of his I sang last semester was impossible to memorize. Also, he doesn't bother to notate meter changes. O.o

Sat May 13, 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Wow, that's really weird! I've never played anything by him, but I'm not sure that I want to lol.

Sat May 13, 09:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home