Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gone Roach-Watchin'

(like, gone fishin'...get it? :) )

Last night on the way home from the hospital, I stopped at a Red Box to get a movie. The first time, it messed up so I tried again. Then it messed up again! I was thinking, "there is no WAY my credit card was declined...it's a debit!" So, I sat in the car with Dad while the people behind me tried...it rejected them too. So yeah, the machine = messed up.

I went to bed & turned on Everwood. Once the light is off, you can see things outside the window better (b/c it's dark outside). Anyway, through the blinds I saw a GIANT bug...I called my dad upstairs & he looked at it. Then he told my brother to come look at it. Rather than actually DO anything about it, they both just marveled at the sheer size of the roach. They promised that it was outside the window & that it couldn't get in. Still, I fell asleep with the light on so I could check throughout the night. Every time I woke up (which was pretty often) my first thought was "where's the roach" and all night I slept facing away from the window so as to keep such awful pictures out of my dreams. At some point, someone came in and turned off my light.

Anyway, I'm bigger than that roach, so he should really be afraid of me. I'm waiting for Zahra to challenge him..."you wanna FIGHTTTT me?!?"

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

I was talking with a high school friend online last night, and apparently, she has two pet roaches in her dorm room. She named them (Greta Garbo and Audrey Hepburn) and feeds them. She even called them "cuddly," or some such word. Just--wow.

Tue May 09, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

All I can say is...eww!!! Are they those hissing roaches that I saw on Fear Factor once? You're right...wow. (As I was typing this, a lil bug flew onto my screen...I jumped lol.)

Zahra, I'm so glad to have a designated roach-fighter-offer. (offer = off-er...not like "offer" as in "promotional offer"...nevermind)

Tue May 09, 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home