Thursday, May 11, 2006

Roaches = Yuck .

Just in case anyone was wondering, The Family Stone is of minor quality. It wa less than entertaining, and while I kept hoping for something interesting and non-cliche to occur, it didn't. And at the same time, I also just wanted it to go ahead and die. Ok, I'll say it - it stinks.

There is my review for the day.

Last week, Cameron had 4 AP tests. On the day of his APUSH exam, he was studying in the car on the way to school, and we had quite a chortle. Apparently, some of the people in his class (which collectively put together an AP test review) are either lacking in confidence about the rest of the class' intelligence, or severely simple-minded themselves. Behold:
- Patriot - someone who doesn't like Brittain
- Ammunition - bullets
The list continued, I'm sure.

I went jogging in the park with Megan & her doggies on Tuesday. It was great...especially the part where I learned that Megan is transferring to UTD!!! Whee! Hopefully we'll take Biological Basis OH&D together. (I know that was a sentence adverb, and that technically we won't take the class in a hopeful manner...but ya know.)

On a slightly more rodential (I made up that word!) note, since the Infamous Roach Sighting of 2006, roaches have been lining up to terrorize me. The first subsequent event took place last night, as I was watching Fun With Dick & Jane with Dad & Cameron. The pest scurried across the floor right in front of meee over to the wall unit, pursued by my cat. It remained hidden for about 15 minutes (during which I insisted upon leaving the light on & trading places with my dad) but then it came out of hiding to be killed.

The second copy-cat event happened this morning. I was stepping out the door, and on the door mat lay a [dead] roach. I put "dead" in brackets, because I had no idea. All I knew was that I already had inertia propelling me toward said pest, and had I not had roaches on my mind already, my bare foot would have made unpleasant contact with it.

So I'm sending out an alert. I've decided to hate Texas, and especially Houston, as both are natural roach habitats. Argh.

Today's Random Fact: I hate roaches. No, I'm just kidding. I mean, I do hate roaches, but that's not my random fact. Ok, for real now. When I read profiles (AIM, Facebook, Yacog...) I actually read them. Then when I talk to the people (if I ever talk to them) I reference things on their profile. I don't know if this means I'm observant, or if I just have too boring a life, but there ya go.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Adriane said...

Zahra, such perfect organization calls for an equal effort on my part:
1. I heart you and your made up phrases
2. I fell asleep...but I still have it so I'ma finish it
3. I know you'd fight them if you could
4. I can hate roaches if I waaaaaant to!
5. Any time
6. Whee! Great friends think...err, act...alike!

Fri May 12, 12:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home