Monday, May 15, 2006

Ze Cure

I didn't have a fever at all yesterday, until I woke up at 10:30pm. Then I had 101.6!!! So, I immediately began thinking of things to do to stop this uncontroled ascent in my temperature:
- turn the fan on high, even though I was freezing
- take giant Advil...I've never taken those long pills before :)
- eat tons of freezy-pops (you know...those 8" things that you stick in the freezer & then cut open?)
At 12:30 it was down to 100.8, and as of 7am, it was 2 degrees below normal!!

I got my training manual for work. It's 59 pages. I'm on page 12 or something. Eck.

I'm supposed to go to Dallas on Thursday...let's keep praying that I won't be taken hostage & forced to work.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Mom had an excellent night on Saturday night. She was calm & somewhat oriented. Also, she knew my name! She told us that we looked very nice (we had come from church). We asked if we could take her picture, and she said, "Sure. You can take pictures anytime you want." Then she actually smiled for the pictures! And, they took out her tracheostomy tube while we were there! It was soo very encouraging. Of course, yesterday wasn't the best for her & she almost got out of her bed, but occasional days of encouragement are always nice.

I had decided to forget about trying to find a "good time" for a summer class, and to just take a 3-week Distance Learning class. The 3-week term starts today. But then I checked online, and there ARE NO 3-week Distance Learning classes! What, do they think I'm so dumb as to be unable to complete a class on my own in 3 weeks, whereas the mere presence of a tenured geezer prancing across the room will give me the inspiration I need to pass their mediocre standards?

Today's Random Fact: I have medicine-phobia. Not really, but I don't like taking asprin or giant pills. Asprin is not recommended for people under 12...and the way I see it, if it's bad for them it's bad for me. Giant pills could get stuck in my throat. My dad offered to get me children's Sudafed last night, but I took that giant Advil instead :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home