Saturday, May 20, 2006

Whee Dallas Trip!

Though I originally hoped to leave at 4:30 Friday morning, I didn't really leave until about 8:30. Sleep = important! I filled up with gas and, as per Dad's request, stopped every hour-ish. The trip was peaceful, and by the time I hit Huntsville (about an hour) I had run out of coffee and tired of the whole putting-your-foot-on-the-gas thing (those 2 things are not related). Thanks, Dad, for exposing me to the beauty that is cruise control :)

I had been doing quite well and was confident in my innate ability to navigate from Houston to Dallas. Perhaps I became too sure of myself, because while on the phone with Dad I suddenly realized that I was no longer on I-45. No sir, I was headed to Ft Worth!
Me: blah blah blah wait! Dad I'm on I-20 headed to Ft Worth!
Dad: *patronizingly* I dont think you want to do that
Me: well it's either that or Shreveport!
It's ok. Thanks to said navigating instincts (ha, right) I found my way home.

When I arrived at the apartment, Zahra was here to greet me. Julie was out with a boy, much to my disapproval. Julie, darling, no dating. You're married, remember? Zahra & I considered 2 restaurants for dinner (Cabbi-somthing's and Maggiano's). As you can probably tell from my inability tor recal the first, we chose Maggiano's "Little Italy" (so cute!) Zahra called & made reservations...the only time available was 5:45!!! I insisted that she make the reservation for "Jasmine" (her princess). Then we went to QuikTrip (whee!!) and my slushie gave me a tummy ache. Julie got home & we weren't here. When we did arrive, she was in the bathroom so we did a really crummy job of hiding between her dresser & closet.
Julie: *coming out of bathroom* Zahra? Adriane?
Zahra & Me: *silence + quiet giggling*
Julie: *goes into living room & starts singing*
We decided she didn't care about us! (jk Julie)

I was not a vivacious enough driver, so we were about 15 minutes late for our reservation. We got virgin Miami vices with lots of cherries (we told Guam, our name for all waiters, that we needed them to be very pretty & worthy of our picture-taking). Zahra ordered the marlin (or as Julie says, maaaaahlin) and it was tiny. False advertising on Guam's part. Julie & I both got the chicken & spinach manicotti and it was huge. However, we both noted with a sad sigh the absence of vegatables.

Due to our forced early reservation, we were finished with dinner before it even started to get dark. But this gave us an opportunity to do what we do best when we venture out of our apartment - PICTURES!!!! The outdoor architecture & landscaping was beautiful. Oh, and my dress kept trying ot fly up...once it actually did! And we pretended to be the valets while they were gone. Then Julie sneaked a not-so-subtle picture of them upon their return.

Yesterday, Julie & I went to see She's The Man at the dollar theater. Great movie! Cheesy, but hilarious. We stopped at Sonic to get drinks first, and Julie put them in her purse :) After the movie, we walked out of the theater & I smoothly put my cup in the trash can. Julie, however, continued sipping from her's as we walked through the halls, proudly (but unconsciously) sporting the huge Sonic logo.
Me: *whispering* Julie! Your cup says Sonic really big!
Julie: *jolt! looks around! puts cup down around her knees!*
Me: *uncontrolable laughter that catches the attention of our fellow movie-goers*

So, I would like to publicly proclaim:
Happy Birthday Zahra!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home