Monday, December 05, 2005

Stupid Freshman

I proactively took my resume to the Career Center this morning for editing. The lady at the desk said "Walk-in times are from 1:30 to 4:30." It was 12:50, so I went to the Bookstore to sell back books & buy a blanket. Then I sat in a chair to read until 1:30, at which time I returned to the Career Center. I walked cheerfully in, and since the lady looked confused, I explained that I was there to have my resume critiqued. She leaned in and said, "Walk-in times are from 1:30 to 4:30."

Stunned, I asked, "It's not 1:30?" She said "No, it's 12:30. But you can come back a few minutes early if you want."

I explained that my watch must be "messed up", though I don't think that made me look any less stupid. As I walked away, I fiddled with my watch, "fixing it".

Then I came home, as my intelligence was stomped upon, and I needed cheesecake to make it better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home