Sunday, July 03, 2005

Burns and Tetons and Bears, oh my!

When getting my clothes out of the dryer this morning, I guess I didn't wait for them to cool or something. For when I reached in, expecting warm, soft clothes, I grabbed a pair of jean shorts by the snap. About 3 1/2 seconds later, I realized, "Wow, this is very very hot...perhaps I should let go." So I did. Too late though. BURN!!! On my left 3rd finger (for you violinists out there). I now have a blister on my fingertip...which wouldn't be so bad, but it hurts like junk!

Tomorrow I leave for Teton Challenger Camp. I'm very excited. I'm not in as good of shape as I was the past 2 times that I went, but I'm determined to do well anyway. My flight leaves at 11:30, but Cameron's leaves at 8:00. (That's what happens when you apply to camp more than a month after your brother, so his flight is filled.) So, I leave my home sweet home at 6 I believe. Eleven days in the Teton Mountains, camping, hiking, rock climbing, bathing in a cold lake....It's the life. I'm gonna miss my family and home, but I'll be sad when I leave camp too.

I look forward to writing about all of my Camp Adventures. Wish me luck in keeping from being mauled by a bear! Unless you hate me...then I guess you'd be happy if I was mauled. But I'll assume that those reading my daily rantings don't hate me. So yeah...no maulings, please. Thanks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home