Sunday, June 19, 2005

Cinderella Man, and the Guy who Wished to be Gay

Last Thursday, Veronica, Kim and I went to see Cinderella Man. Upon our arrival, we discovered that the entire theater had been reserved for us, and took our time choosing where to sit. We pondered the advantages of having a private theater, among the greatest being the freedom to yell out our thoughts on the movie if it was stinky, without fear of retribution from the big guy in back.

Then a couple came in and spoiled everything. At least they sat behind us so we wouldn't be forced to watch their display of affection in the not-quite-pitch-black darkness. The cell phone reminder commercial appeared, and the guy-half of the intruding couple yelled down, "you girls remember to turn off your phones?" to which Veronica responded with a huff and a mumbled comment about restraining her finger.

The movie was good. A bit violent...ok, a lot violent, but still a very good movie. The violence was depicted through Veronica's hair conveniently falling in her face, and mine & Kim's feet in the seat, knees positioned to protect our eyes. If I had a picture, I would post it. Words don't quite do justice to the scene of 3 girls hiding like babies. I'm afraid that if I had taken a picture during the movie, the guy would have come down and beat up my friends while I scurried away undetected. So, my description must suffice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home