Wednesday, June 28, 2006

*cue sappy music* ...The Green Volkswagen...

I haven't had a chance to post about this weekend yet, but I figured that if I don't do it now, I might not be mentally capable tomorrow...what with my oral surgery and whatnot, which has the definate potential to make me somewhat loopy.

Saturday I left the hospital & had a series of unfortunate, but now humorous, events:
- couldn't leave the parking lot b/c our parking pass expired at midnight the night before
- was forced onto I-10 when they decided to close I-45...ended up having to follow Dad around the city until he found a way onto I-45
- before church, in Ft Worth, I thought I was being super smart by putting my keys on the ledge outside my trunk instead of inside the trunk itself...but then closed the trunk & the keys didn't stop it like I thought it would in the case of my forgetfulness, and with half my keys inside and half outside, AAA had to be called...then they couldn't get ahold of me due to poor reception, so they came into church looking for me, and when they finally got the door open the alarm started screaching. Now this is all quite funny :)

Then I made my way to Julie's house where I stayed for the weekend. We had tons of fun, and watched Must Love Dogs on Saturday night. She claims that I slept through all of it, but I did not.

On Sunday I went to Orientation to take pictures, and Julie went to a wedding in Oklahoma/College Station (long story). I have been wanting to get my hair cut, but haven't found the time, so I made an appointment at the only place that was open: Cool Cuts for Kids. Zahra came with me as a chaperone, and to document the excursion with pictures.

On Monday, Julie & I skipped Orientation becuase after rush hour & our necessary early departure to get home on time, we would only be there for a couple of hours. So, we went hiking in what is essentially Julie's back yard. We may or may not have been trespassing...'tis hard to say :) We took lots of pictures, including tiny froggies and a scenic tour thru the tiny historic town, which was completely closed. We were unable have non-surgical face lifts, have our pictures taken, or purchase fresh tomatoes. There was also a car wash that has apparently had a case of mistaken identity, as it now also sports the name "Joe's Place Southern Cooking".

Then we went to see a movie, and I suggested sitting in the theater for an hour before the movie started. Somehow I thought this would be "fun". So we got smoothies that were way too sweet, and we watered them down in the bathroom of the theater. And since we were so unbelievably early, the ticket-man made us wait on a bench. I think he thought we had issues, for what normal people wait for a movie for an hour before it starts. We were still wearing our hiking clothes, so we decided that if anyone asked, we would say we just got back from majorly working out. By the time we finally entered the theater, Julie was bored, we were both cold, and we went to Wal-Mart to get fries & candy. Then we made up an elaborate story to use in case we got caught :)

The theater for "The Lakehouse" (which we intended to make fun of, as the premise was silly) was full of old ladies. That was fun...we like old ladies :) After the movie, we proceeded to make up another elaborate plan (we're full of elaborate plans, mind you) about Julie's personal Keanu, and how he's the one making her green Volkswagen unlock at strange intervals & of its own accord. Julie said that she "would like the guy to have the experience of an extra 7 years, without it causing his face to droop and making him fat". Julie's preference is noted, and I shall take this into account when interviewing potential Keanus for Julie :) Then we rearranged the movie and decided to call it "The Green Volkswagen" in order to properly recount the story of Julie & her personal Keanu. Of course, I also have a personal Keanu, Julie pointed out, as my trunk has begun randomly opening.

Ok, so tomorrow I have my wisdom teeth violently chopped out. I'm nervous about the IV...I don't (willingly) do needles. Part of me, though, is looking forward to this these 3 days off during which I can justifiably lay around reading & watching movies, and eating nothing but Luby's mashed potatoes, popsicles, and V8 in my pajamas. On the other hand, I'm not particularly thrilled about being cut open, poked with a needle, and drugged up to the point that I can't drive myself 2 miles to my house and will possibly not remember the trip home, though I'll be conscious.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home