Monday, May 01, 2006

Stealing a car

So, Saturday evening Cameron, Dad & I went to Sugarland to look at a car. I ended up loving it, and we bought it today. The previous owner took very good care of it...everything's great except for the miles, but as it's been properly maintained, it'll be ok. I spent the afternoon cleaning up crap that only weirdos like me would give a thought to. Overall, 'twas a productive day.

Apparently, though, you're supposed to actually read the manual. Dad & I were leaving the hospital tonight (you know, where patients were druggedly sleeping in their beds) and I made the unfathomable mistake of turning on the headlights before turning on the car. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP and on and on for about 3 minutes. I completely jumped. Dad had to hang up the phone so as to help in this moment of burglary crisis. I won't go into detail...suffice it to say that it was really loud. Little old ladies drove by, gave a look and a laugh, and continued on their merry way. I have, however, learned my lesson...never turn on the headlights first. Check.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Cardinal sin! How could you ever imagine turning on your headlights before starting the car?! That's just--unfathomable! Even two-year-olds know that!! RRRarfeojfiFJOIjmoIEJMWPF!!!!!!!1111

I probably would have made the same mistake. And have it turn out twice as bad.

Tue May 02, 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Brett...remember our canoeing ordeal at Tetons? lol...this makes me think of that :-p

Tue May 02, 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home