Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"O" for Othello

After we watched Funny Girl & 10 Things I Hate About You, Julie & I watched "O", a modern take on Shakespeare's Othello. From about the 10th minute of the movie, we both knew we would hate it. Then there was a terrrrrible $3x scene in which Julie & I were both quite disturbed. So, we finally started fast-forwarding it. It still continued for a loooong time, and needless to say it was still scarring. It's that kind of movie that you end up having really bad dreams about. It was about a highschool basketball team, but everyone still died! I thought they'd just get alienated from each other & have no friends in college...boy was I wrong.

So to get rid of potential bad dreams, after checking all the doors, we re-watched the Heath-singing-to-Julia scene in 10 Things I Hate About You.

And we recalled the scene in the library, where the girl tells the boy, in French, "...maybe it's up your @$$." We decided to learn how to say this phrase, in French, but after several times of rewinding it, we still couldn't get the whole thing. Julie suggested, "hey, maybe we can just learn the 'up your @$$ part!" So we did. Lest I forget while I'm sleeping, it is, "fro tu cou" or something of similar pronounciation.

We also watched the scene between the daughter & father, where she's trying to get permission to go to prom. Julie kept rewinding that part, telling me "I want to learn the exact wording so when you want to go out with some boy I can say it." So, here's that part:
Father: Kissing...that's what you think happens? I've got news for you, kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long.
Bianca: Can we forget for a second that you're severely unhinged & discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?
Father: What's normal, eh, those
Dawson's River kids sleeping in each other's beds? I've got news for you. I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out & getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My momma didn't raise no fool.


[NB! There is probably another post JUST LIKE this one immediately below. DO NOT attempt to comment upon that post. You will probably be electricuted through your keyboard or mouse. I tried to delete it, but it refuses to leave. I tell you this for your own good. DO, however, comment on this post :D]

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Adriane said...

Whee! After a couple of DAYS of trying to get this totally awesome post to appear correctly & allow comments (from people that love me), it finally works!!!

Tue Apr 25, 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home