Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Linguistic Lessons

I was talking to Brett about my Linguistics term paper topic of expression-origins. He explained the phrase "butt-crack of dawn" as being used by people "unhappy about how early it is" (Brett, April 18).

(Ha! Parenthetical citations!!!)

lorien sylph: i'm so proud of a similar expression i made up on my blog
lorien sylph: "i got up at the crack of noon..."
addicat123: im blogging that
lorien sylph: i'll find it on my lj
Brett's LJ: So, I awoke at the crack of noon to realize the vocal jury signup sheets were posted at 12:00. Noon. (Brett's livejournal, December 6, 2005)
addicat123: can i plagerize that?
lorien sylph: nope
lorien sylph: must credit--at least obliquely... :-D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home