Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bugs & Brownies

I was sitting at my computer. Feeling something on my neck, and assuming it to be a fallen hair from my ponytail, I rubbed the spot. Unexpectedly, though, I came back with something (a bug of unknown genus) and it was so gross. I didn't see it. So, I wen't to Zahra's room because I couldn't be alone during this time of fear. She, being the loving friend that she is, came to check my room before I was again left alone.

Apparently I'm really bad at knowing when Julie is home. In the past I've assumed that if her door is closed & the light in her room is off, that she's out. However, more often than not this proves to be a less than effective means of analyzing the situation. It turns out that she was here during my whole bug ordeal.

Yesterday Julie felt sick from eating so many brownies, and since her mom would have made her stop eating them, I volunteered to be the brownie patrol when we're at school. Today, she relapsed into her brownie-eating, using the addiction as an escape from the horrible book she is reading. So, I took her brownies (and the chocolates that she keeps in her drawer, muahahahaa!) from her. A chase ensued. There were threats issued, feelings hurt, and painful addictions addressed. All in all, it was a productive seizure. Once, things got really heated when I shouted boldly, "come any closer and the brownies get it [the trash can over which I was holding them]!!!" Julie then ran to Zahra.

That gave me an opportunity to hide the brownies & chocolates in the dryer.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Adriane said...

Thanks, dear. Yes, you are a beast, and I knew that you would challenge said bug to a fight if it came down to that. And I appreciate your support with the brownie and Julie situation. One day she will thank us!

Tue Apr 18, 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Intervention time!!

Tue Apr 18, 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Yes, I put that on Juliane's myspace (one of which I was forced to attain). I have her under my controoooool!

See Julie, Brett agrees too!

Tue Apr 18, 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

I have a myspace, too--I'm bmh4d0k3n, as usual.

Tue Apr 18, 08:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home