Monday, April 17, 2006

A Total Loss of Power

Not me, but the Pub. While I was working today, the power randomly went out. There was no rain or storm of any kind, yet the terrific upper-90's temperature somehow proved conducive to a power outage. What's funny is that people kept coming up to order...

Apparently the entire university lost power. We were in the hot dark for about 20 minutes. When I saw several coworkers standing around talking, I went over and said "tell me the plaaaaan!" Tito told everyone to hush, as Adriane apparently had a plan..."she's going to teach us all the dictionary tonight!" Later I asked him to fire Piotr because he was making fun of me, and got the response, "we all make fun of you...I'd have to fire all of us." Hehe work is fun!

When the power came back on, the computer server still wasn't running, so we still couldn't serve people. Finally they got it working again, and Pub life was back to normal.

Just for the record, I love my little sister. I have given her some rather hefty instructions...
addicat: you need to make a new priority
LiKE DUH: huh?
addicat: your assignment is to read my blog & comment every day
LiKE DUH: yes, teacher.
addicat: you spend enough time online to squeeze in some time for your dear ol' sister
addicat: O:-)
LiKE DUH: hah yes. of coursee
addicat: so. ready set go
Then I made her wait so that I could post this stuff on my blog. Hehe! Ok Juliane, now go check!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home