Thursday, April 13, 2006

Holy Day

Today is a holy day for me, so I'm not in class or at work.

By the way...this blog from March 26 to an unknown date is dedicated to my Mommy. She is an avid reader, in addition to the fact that I tell her lots of stuff that I don't actually put on ze blog. Therefore, this shall hopefully serve as some degree of entertainment for her when she is able to sit up & get online again. Plus, I'm not really sure that I would remember some of the things I would normally tell her unless I blogged them :-p

Well, crapola. Apparently church is at 2:00 today rather than 3:00 which we thought. I DID wake up before noon...11:56...though it took until noon to make my bed. Blah. Julie opened the bathroom door at the same time that I opened my bedroom door, and she said, "I told Zahra that you were still asleep & we laughed!" Thanks girls.

Then my light bulb burned out, so I am again in ze dark until I find someone to come & change it for me. That's right. Change my lightbulb: give me light for about 4 months. Teach me to change my own lightbulb: experience extreme frustration while I yell at you and then give me several months of darkness until I decide to move.

At work yesterday, Tommy & Greg apparently got special permission to sit at the first booth as long as they didn't talk to anybody [working]. So Anthony, Piotr & Ben started talking to them. When I came over, they suggested that I go touch Greg's arm. I suggested that Anthony do so. Ben said, "ok, SOMEbody's gonna go touch Greg"...and of course Greg spoke when Anthony carried out ze plan. 'Twas funny.

Walking home from class, Zahra & I checked the mail (cause I have to exploit Zahra for her mailbox key, as my keys are being mailed here as we speak from my Dad's glove compartment). Then we cut through the pool gate & we started walking across the fountain wall in the pool. I chickened out & turned back (I don't want any legal trouble!) but Zahra bravely pressed on.

Then last night I went to Abuelo's mexican restaurant with Julie & Zahra for NTBMR (Night to be Much Remembered). I missed not spending it with my family, but having my best buddies made the night really special. We got allll dressed up & took lots of pictures. We got virgin daquiris & I got nachos. The waiters (not our own, but others) took pictures for us after dinner. Then we went outside, I saw the giant Abraham Lincoln-looking statue (really Abuelo) & we took pictures with him.

Time to get ready for church!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home