Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Money Money

In keeping with the previous post's theme (coins), I've been thinking about those dollar coins that the US Mint came out with a few years ago. I remember I was in middle school. I thought that the new coins would soon catch on, and the entire US economic system would adapt to suit their hefty presence. Vending machines would have a place for dollar coins rather than bills, cash drawers would have an additional section, and people would walk around with bags of money tied to one of their belt loops rather than wallets protruding from one back pocket. Why did they make these coins anyway? It's not like there was any shortage of people spending money. It was probably some marketing technique used by the bored guys at the Mint, who said, "hey, if we make spiffy golden dollar coins, people will start spending money again! horray!" I'm disappointed by the fact that the coins have not caught on as I originally anticipated. My dreams of a dollar coin run America have been shot down, and I am now as sad version of my hopeful child self.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home