Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fire! Fire!

About 15 minutes before Genetics was supposed to be over, a shrill noise cut through the discussion about "application of the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium Equation". It was the fire alarm, making a "whooo! whooo!" sound.

Then the alarm started to speak:
"Whooo! Whooo! There has been an emergency reported in the building. Please leave the building immediately, using marked stairwells and exits. Do NOT use the elevators! Whooo! Whooo!"

The voice was very calm. Then the whole thing began again. Then the professor said, "Well, we should take this seriously. See you next time." I think someone had some kind of exam in a difficult class, and opted to let the entire class out of it. How nice of said student...in a weird, illegal sort of way.

Daniel & I went to play music this evening. I had a lot of fun...it's been a while since I've played with piano. Then I went to get dinner at the Pub. They thought my violin to be my dictionary...or so they tried to convince me. Ha! I also tried the (apparently well-known-to-everyone-but-me) drink called the Michael Jackson Special...it's half coke & half sprite. It was surprisingly good.

Today's Random Fact: I really like to curl up with a textbook (or read-for-fun book...HA!) with wet hair & in my PJs to read. I can't stand the library, because it is just toooooo quiet, and often really cold. I like my apartment, but only when I can just hear a barely audible conversation taking place in another room...it lets me know that there are other people around & breathing, but doesn't distract too much. Sometimes, though, things get really loud, and then I prefer the Comet Lounge or the Cafe. Ironically, the Comet Lounge rules are "no eating, drinking, or sleeping" but the room is full of couches. Everyone sleeps. I know I like to sleep :)...what a rebel.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home