Sunday, February 19, 2006

20 Keys to a Happy Life

Today I'm feeling kindof blah. Is it weird that sometimes we just need to be alone, but our problems don't necessarily involve the people we're close to? I went to play piano, thinking that it might cheer me up, let me get some emotion out. It did, I guess.

It's freezing outside (literally) and drizzling, so it's kindof like really tiny snow. I think I'll go back home, but take my time. Funny how the outdoors can act like medicine sometimes - I even went to visit my fountain (I call it mine...I guess it technically belongs to UTD)...just the sound was soothing.
I don't even know for sure what's bothering me. Hmmm...I'll get better.

Today's Random Fact: I hate bugs, but I love the outdoors. I love tent-camping, hiking, picnics...all of it. I just don't like the beach (but that's due to the copious sand that I still find under my fingernails a week later).


20 Keys to a Happy Life (My pastor mentioned these in his sermon...I think they're fitting now.)
1. Compliment 3 people every day.
2. Watch a sunrise.
3. Be the first to say "hello."
4. Treat everyone as you want to be treated.
5. Live beneath your means.
6. Forget the Joneses.
7. Never give up on anybody - miracles do happen!
8. Remember someone's name.
9. Be kinder than you have to be.
10.Wish not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
11.Be tough-minded but tender-hearted.
12.Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
13.Keep your promises.
14.Leave everything better than you found it.
15.Show cheerfulness even when you don't feel it.
16.Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do.
17.Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years.
18.When you arrive at work (or school) in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten someone's day.
19.Don't rain on other people's parades.
20.Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger rebecca bounds said...

I love you!

Mon Feb 20, 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home