Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Adventures of Montezuma

Yesterday was a fun day for Monte. He seemed a little perkier than normal (which is really saying something), and his behavior rather amused me.

First, I took him outside after work. Since he seemed eager to run around, I let him off his leash & we played fetch with Bear. Then, all of a sudden, he ran over to the swimming pool gate, slipped between the bars, and trotted over to the steps (I had set him on the first step a few days ago to get him used to "swimming"). I set him on the top step, thinking he would try to jump right back out, but he just started drinking the water! It was as though he liked the taste of chlorine! So then I had to take him out...we don't want him getting chlorine poisoning.

When we went back in, I put him back in the bathroom with the baby gate so that I could do some reading. Mom & Chester gave him a strange-looking toy that's shaped like a cat head & tail attached by a rope. This is one of his favorite "group toys" so we always take it when he'll have other dogs around. What was funny, though, was that Chloe came up to the gate, laid down, and started sticking her paws through the gate. Monte responded by bringing the cat toy over to her, and they started playing with it together! It was cute to watch :)

After class, I came home & took a bath because I wasn't feeling very well. Monte always loves it when I take baths, because he can put his front feet up on the side of the tub & feel as tall as me. He gives me lots of kisses on my nose, and brings Bear to me to throw for him. But last night, after the first couple of times I threw Bear, he ran up to the tub and flung it in with me! It was hilarious! I didn't want him playing with a wet toy after that, so I put Bear up on the toilet seat lid. Monte got frustrated, because he kept reaching up to grab it, but he just missed it each time. Finally I put Bear on the floor mat so he could play. Then, he got so excited that he actually jumped up onto the side of the bath tub...all 4 feet! I think it startled him as much as it startled me, because he immediately jumped down. He's not really fond of baths lol.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger rebecca bounds said...

Monte is such a sweetie!! He'd like to come play with Chester and me.

Wed Jul 16, 10:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home