Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grilling & Mourning

Monday afternoon I ran into Julie (literally) in Wal-Mart! She was buying brownie mix and I was renting a movie from redbox. I went to her apartment and we watched P.S. I Love You and made fun of the wanna be love interest for his "encroaching" on the main character's broken heart.

While there, I got a call from Benjamin. He & Patrick were leaving the gym, and he wanted to know if Patrick & Maya could come over & grill for dinner. I said that was fine, of course, but then made a mad dash home to make some sort of sanity out of the disheveled living room. I must have set a record. Between 6:10 and 6:50, I straightened up the living room, dusted, vacuumed, washed some dishes, swept, cleaned counters, emptied Chloe's litter box, took Monte outside, did the bare essentials of bathroom cleaning, put drinks in the little fridge, and hopped in the shower. I also put the cooler that Benjamin had taken to bridge the day before outside for him to empty (I can't tilt it on its side...sad, I know).

Then I joined them at the grill outside, where we chatted & played with Monte (he loves company). The husbands made comments about how sore they've been, while the wifes sat & watched the grilling. I must say, I'm glad hamburgers fit into this high-protein diet they've assimilated. Mmm, yummy! Then we ate by the pool & I had my much-anticipated margarita. Now, I've never gotten drunk, but that's probably the closest I've been. As soon as the guests left, I'm pretty sure I made some startling advances of a not-so-innocent nature...but I'm married so it's ok =P Whee!

BUT! We didn't bring in the ice chest before we went to bed, and the next morning it was still outside when I left. I remember thinking to myself, "We should put our name on that" but then I figured I'd just do it when I got home. Later I got a call from Benjamin asking if it was there when we left. Apparently someone stole the charcoal during the night, and then the ice chest! And we're 99% certain it was that dim-wit neighbor of ours who dinged Benjamin's new car & on whom we called the police for domestic violence. So today when his unlawful bag of trash blew over in front of our door, I left a passive-aggressive note on his door about the rudeness of allowing his trash to encroach on his neighbors' space.

I can't wait to get out of here. I've found 2 places I'm excited about checking out, but anything will be better than this - no more living on campus (though it was definitely a huge help with my overcrowded schedule), and tons more space!

I would like to go beat up that guy. But, Benjamin's not home to protect me if he decided to fight back...so I'll wait. Or more likely, I'll chicken out all together.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Zahra said...

I know what you mean about anywhere being better than Waterview... we basically took the first apartment we saw. But, as it turns out, it has been the nicest one of any that we saw.

We're moving to the Marquis at Waterview... off Renner and Custer, behind that Tom Thumb. It's an adorable gated complex and the floorplans are adorable.

I would highly recommend it. :)
Where were you guys considering??

Thu May 22, 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home