Friday, June 09, 2006

Well, t'has been quite a while...

Umm, got a new job, tried to quit old job, ended up not quitting old job, now working 2 jobs. That's the short version.

On Wednesday I had an interview at 9am for the Barnes & Noble Cafe. The manager hired me on the spot, wahoo, so I offically had 2 jobs at that point. I went to Target to get a shirt (since this is a job for which I dont have to wear a shirt with the company name plastered all over it) and then went straight to Ben & Jerry's where I worked from 10 to 4. I had to be at Barnes & Noble AT 4, so I changed in the bathroom (coworkers suggested the walk-in freezer) and rushed to B&N where I worked until 11 (training/new-hire paperwork/work).

I wrote a letter of resignation to my boss at Ben & Jerry's, but ended up not quitting. Instead, I'm going to work a couple of days a week there...we're gonna see how that goes.

I really don't remember what else I was supposed to write about.

Oh yeah! Yesterday was NUTS!!! I'm copying this from a message to Ian cause I really don't feel like rewriting it:
Ok, here we go! I went to the hospital to see Mom & pick up Juliane. I needed to drop Juliane off at home, pick up my clothes for work, and be at work by 1 (basically, leave by 11:30). I didnt leave by 11:30, but rather 12:30 (I decided it was more important to stay with Mom than get to work on time). I had to pay my parking pass thing, which was $10 for the couple of hours i was there. As I went to back out of the parking space, i set the ticket in a cup holder in my car, and thought to myself "wow, I am a genius, because this fits perfectly!" Unfortunately it fit a little too perfectly, and it slipped down behind the center console...not next to the seat, but into a compartment that you can only reach if you unscrew stuff. So I called work & told them that i would be late but that i'd be there. Then i had to go talk to the security people, who didnt seem to believe me at first but when i told them if they had a screwdriver i'd show them they lightened up. The security lady gave me a pass to get out of the lot. Then there was unbelievable traffic on 45...my sister thought it was funny, because there is NEVER traffic that far south on 45. Cameron met me at my work to pick up Juliane & bring my clothes. It was CRAZY! I got there a little after 2. Then my boss called me in to discuss my pending resignation, and I ended up not quitting. Apparently, I'm a favorite, as he pointed out that other than a guy who does a lot of catering jobs, I have the most hours of everyone. Also, since I'm "one of the best" he's supposedly paying me the shift leader rate even when im not working as shift leader on duty. Wow, it's tiring just remembering that! PS - I think I'm gonna just copy/paste this onto my blog :P

Today I shall practice with Josh at church (whee Vivaldi!) and hopefully we'll find out who the Special Music Coordinator in Kerrville is so we can attempt to play at the Feast.

Tuesday is my wisdom teeth surgery consultation. Dad asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, and I think I just want to go to the dentist and let them poke me with a needle...ironic, huh?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home