Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dallas Trip-o

Well, 'tis kindof late, but I believe an update of my WEEKEND OFF (yes!) is in order :)

Megan & I left Sunday morning at about 5 am. We both wore the clothes we slept in, and took church clothes with us as it was Pentecost. We stopped for coffee & then again to walk around a bit. At that point we bought a map of "Dallas and Surrounding Areas"...partially for amusement, but we were certainly glad to have it later.

About 2 miles from the hotel at which services took place, we heard an awful noise coming from my car. As we had to turn into a gas station lot anyway to go the other way, we stopped & opened the hood (well, I popped it & Megan found the latch). Behold: smoke! Dad said to keep going & we called him when we got to church. However, as I turned the car back on, the alarm went off (for no reason) and I had to jump out to unlock the door with the key or something. I believe we made quite a scene. After finding church, we went to find a place to change, and just happened to turn into the same gas station! It's like a magnet lol.

At church we talked a bit, and then went to Saltgrass with Scott for lunch. There was quite a bit of time left before the second service, so Scott taught me how to drive a stick shift!!! It was awesome!
Someone asked him if it was he who had been driving around in circles in an empty parking lot lol. I wasn't very good at it, and apparently I was burning the clutch the whole time, but it was super fun. We stuck around for about an hour after the second service, and then went to Kaitlyn's house. Oh yeah, I honked at a car (for like the first time ever)...Megan was proud.

We had a "piggy night"...eating pie, popcorn & candy (chocolate...oops :P) while watching Rumor Has It. I, of course, fell asleep, but I got the jist of it. Kaitlyn was so nice to let us stay with her...thanks Kait!

I asked Dad to check my work schedule because even though I had requested off on Monday, I had a feeling my boss would schedule me. And, of course, he did. So I got a call at 6:30 am from my dad saying I'm scheduled at 10 am. At 8 I called my boss & told him the situation. Apparently, though, he allowed my coworkers to think me simply irresponsible, as several asked me about it yesterday. Argh.

Monday morning Megan (ha! consonance!) had to be at her advisor's office at 9 am. We made it! Of course it was in Founders North & navigation was tricky...but I totally saved the day (just kidding). During that time I went to return my apartment keys at the leasing office, where I was also going to talk to them about our room assignments for next year. But, they don't open till 10 am, so I sat there. Then Megan, Kaitlyn & I walked around, met Nicole & Zahra in the Pub, and Nicole brought our Freshman Convocation Planning Committee (FCPC) shirts...whee!

We went to Cici's for lunch...Megan kept going into a "reserved" section to get stuff out of the toy machines. Eventually, the party of kids got there & swooped in on her! Then I wanted a pink ring so I ventured down there myself :P

We got lost several times on the way home...not "lost" I guess, but I was glad that we had the map. I-45 was closed for several miles, and we were in stopped traffic for about 45 minutes. An 18-wheeler had burned to the ground...it looked bad. After getting off, we took a side street where, stopped at a light:
Megan: eww, that man is smiling at us!
Me: what man?
Megan: the one who is looking at us over there
Me: eww *turned head & wished we had one of those screens people put in the front window when parked*
Megan: *reading map* Oh! *puts huge map against her window*
Me: yes!

We got home before dark, and I took my new phone to get it programmed at the Verizon store. But, they didn't do everything they had said they would, so it ended up being pretty much a wasted trip. Oh well...I probably would have goofed it up had I tried to activate it myself. Then I promptly went to bed early, as I was majorly tired. Time to go to work!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home