Sunday, June 11, 2006

June 11

So, happy birthday to me and all that.

As much as I wanted to forget my birthday this year, I was very happy that my Mom was the first person to tell me happy birthday today. Though it was before the official 8:58am, we talked when Dad called to wake me up :)

I spent the whole day with Mom at the hospital, and it was the best use of the day that I can think of. She has so much of her wit, her personality, and her strength, that I am feeling incredibly blessed to have my real Mom back in my life. I was really scared there for a while. We spent the 2 hours that she had to sit in her wheelchair (very uncomfortable for her) playing Sunday Afternoon Bingo. Aunt Gina & I both won and picked out very soft stuffed puppies for Mom. Their names are Bingo and Ruffy :)

Mom & I spent much of our time making jokes and planning on calling the nurse Jim Commando. She hates the thickened drinks we keep giving her, but she's being a super sport about it. The nurse gave us a thickener to add to any drink, and she said the water tastes like sand. Aunt Gina & I decided to give those "thickened juice" boxes to Mom's visitors as though they're regular juice and watch their reactions :)

Oh! And I went jogging in Hermann Park today! It's such a nice park...lots of animals and trees. Since it's less than a mile from the hospital I hope to jog there more often.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHSHRION!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could fathom how to say happybirthday in french... but it will surprise you to find out that my french-ness has been a hoax all this time... so yeah... i've been having cell phone issues... and that obvious deprivation of a computer, so i wasn't able to talk to you yesterday and i feel absolutely terrrrrible... tehe... so i'm babysitting right now and the kids INSIST on watching pokemon, so i get to use the computadora... yays... but yeah... just wanted to say happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy birthday and i love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love you!

Mon Jun 12, 04:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm yeah...
love, julie

Mon Jun 12, 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home