Sunday, March 26, 2006

All-Night Madness

Ok. So I shall now proceed through the events of Thursday night & Friday. Feel free to skip this part, dear readers, as I occasionally record things more for my own later recollection than for the humor others are to find (or, not to find).

After work on Thursday, I went to the Library where I began research for this stupid Government paper that has nothing to do with America. This is American Government. South Africa's human rights policies, while globally important, have little to do with American Government. Anywho, I searched for books on the topic (that's right...the olde fashioned way...do you like the way I spelled "olde"???) and then proceeded to the 4th floor to retrieve them.

Prior to actually looking at the books, I went to the computer lab to write a response paper for Lit Analysis. Then I checked out the stack of books (most of which I ended up not using) and got a computer on the main floor to find articles. At 2:00 they kicked me out. People don't understand when I tell them this...I left peacefully at 1:55...they didn't actually kick me out.

I went to the Lounge in the SU (open 24 hrs) where I put my stuff on a couch & got one of the 2 computers in there to write my ridiculous paper. At 7:30, I finished & went home, where I proceeded to take a shower & go to bed.

It was 8:00 & I set a timer for 90 minutes. Since I had to be at work at 11, I figured as long as I got up by 10:30 I'd be fine, but I'd try 9:30 and then see how I felt. I woke up to the sound of the chipmunk song (ringer) coming from my purse. The clock greeted me, with a big bold "11:22" as if to say, "ha! take that missy!" Yeah, it was the Pub calling. I, half asleep but completely conscious of the horror which was taking place, said I would be there in 10 minutes.

Usually it takes me about 8 minutes to get there. But somehow, I was able to put back on the clothes from the day before, brush my teeth, and run (yes, run) to the Pub in between 10 & 11 minutes. There, I was kindly told "Wow, your hair looks really great!" (dripping with sarcasm). A lady at the counter said, "That's not nice." I proceeded to forget about it, but 10 minutes later as she left, she told me, "Your hair looks just fine." Yeah. This is what we call a "bad hair day," in which the "bad" not only refers to the hair, but also the day in general. I did, however, get to pick up a paycheck after work :)

Last night was the Dallas Teen Prom for church. Julie went with me, and we had a lot of fun. Considering the fact that the guy-to-girl ratio is totally off-balance, we spent most of the time talking & taking pictures. Julie danced with a guy once, and I took a picture. At one point, Heather & I were discussing the apparent gender imbalance in the church in general, and she said, "I think we're just gonna have to convert some guys." She may be right.

I want to go to the Oklahoma on Friday to visit the UO Law School, but right now I'm scheduled to work. So I'm hoping to find someone to cover my shift. That's all for now!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home