Friday, March 17, 2006

Getting Sprayed

So I was very mad. I had a 4 hour tables shift at work today, and I couldn't find my favorite spray bottle. Anthony checked in the back, and as it turned out, SOMEONE TOOK MY SPRAYER & FILLED IT UP WITH DEGREASER!!!!!!! Not good.

The next best bottle doesn't actually spray the cleaner, but just kinda pukes it out. You'd have to actually see it. I'm told that I'm bad at making good funny insults, and that I'm too "white". I think there are some people who will help me to fix this.

About 10 minutes before I left, I took out the trash even though it didn't really need taken out. I was walking with the bag outside, when I suddenly wondered to myself, "Hmm...I wonder what this strange liquid could be that is seeping through my favorite jeans onto my favorite leg. Oh how nice, it's nasty-looking chipotle ranch dressing! I'll drag the bag on the sidewalk...but wait...now that's gross-looking! Allow me to run with this giant bag of trash to the dumpster!"

My co-workers brightened my day by drawing on my to-go box. Some of the artwork included my name, an angry face, "PG-13 Rated" with the "P" & "13" scribbled out, and what appears to be a pile of poo. I cut off the cover with the drawings & stapled it to my wall :)

Then I talked to Tommy for a while before leaving. We decided that if I am ever on a really long shift, and end up with a bag of trash all over me (for who knows what reason...it started with the dripping trash bag) then I'll have a major quitting event. Until then, I'm glad that I really like my job. When a tour group came in, and the guide said, "This is the Pub. They do NOT serve alcohol." Sprinkles? Milkshakes?

My sister flew out of Dallas to go home tonight. They let me go to the gate with her since she's a minor. They did a major searching of her backpack because she didn't originally send her laptop through the security system by itself. On my way out, I asked a security guard which way I should go. I wonder if they have some sort of walky-talky system, because as I reached the security entrance again, a guard said, "oh, there she is" and, making eye contact with a female officer sitting next to a barrier rope thing, pointed me in her direction. She then said, "Ah! Hi!" and let me out. I felt as though I were being observed by a giant group of airport security personel. I felt very important :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» »

Sat Nov 25, 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home