Saturday, February 04, 2006

"Education"

I went to a genetics symposium called "Understanding Microbiology at the Genome Level"...yes, I'm oh so good at that. Much of it was about 10 stories over my spinning head, but some of it was interesting. Especially the part where one of the speakers put up a slide of a list of "omes", and the guy next to me pointed out, "Ha, there's one called 'unknome'!"

There are some people out by the pool, camping. In a tent. With a campfire. And a tent. And did I mention that it is currently 46*, with a wind chill of 43*? I applaud their dedication to the art of camping. In my defense, though, I have tent-camped multiple times in the mountain wilderness at a lower temperature than that. But this is Dallas, and we have apartments. Well, they don't tonight. Tents.

I saw signs for the LSAT on campus, pointing law school hopefuls toward the ECS building. Therefore, perhaps I will not have to actually go anywhere to take the test.

Today's Random Fact: I have a birthmark-ish thing on my lower back that looks like a rabbit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home