Monday, January 23, 2006

Alone

My birth certificate & social security card came in the mail today. I know I need them for stuff I have here, but part of me feels like I'm completely isolated...like now that I have my own papers, my own files for important documents, I'm totally in charge of myself, my own life. Basically the only thing I can't do is leave the country, as my parents have not handed over my passport. Like, now I have no ties to my family. And it's not really that such documents have any significant meaning, it's just a symbol or something. I see everything in life in terms of symbols. Why do I do that?

On a happier note, Jennie & I went to Western Lit right after Linguistics, only to find a note on the door stating that Dr. Koepke is sick today. While I'm certainly sad for her illness, I was so excited to have a class cancelled. That has never happened to me before! I feel like a real college student, free from attendance offices, assigned seats, and now, substitute teachers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger rebecca bounds said...

I am still tied to you!!!!

Mon Jan 23, 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Yay for linguistics!!

Mon Jan 23, 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home