Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cha-Ching!

I worked from 5 to close last night, and got off around 11:15. Luckily, I was able to tell myself the entire time that "this is my only night to close, and my longest day, so just get through it." Actually, though, I had a lot of fun. I really like my job, except for the whole not getting homework done aspect, and some occasional fatigue. Other than that, my co-workers are great, and the atmosphere is fun.

BUT! When my manager came up to me after we closed, holding my cash drawer, I was sure he had something bad to say. However, he looked at me & sighed, and said, "Adriane, your drawer was perfect. And you had a whole lot of sales. Good job." Yes! Apparently it is rare to come in perfect after a long drawer shift.

I made an A on my Genetics exam! Even after the curve, the class average was a high C. Me = very happy with my grade.

Today is my short day! I have 1 1/2 hours off after my last class, then I only work for a little over 2 hours! Then it's off to abs class, which I have not attended all semester...I'm finally off before 8!

Yesterday, I was sitting in the Cafe with Julie, Zahra & Kaitlyn, talking about Gender Studies, and I accidentally said a "bad" word. I can't believe I just said it! I never say it! Anyway, I didn't realize I said it until I got to the "envy" part of the compound word. Then I gasped, and Julie, Zahra & Kaitlyn gasped as well. Then we laughed a whoooole lot. We're so mature.

And, folks, I shall be adding a new component to Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and apparently it's all small stuff. Behold, Today's Random Fact.
Today's Random Fact: I don't like decaf. When someone askes, "Is this decaf?" I respond, "What's decaf?" Decaf does not exist.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

i didn't gasp. i bust out laughing. no gasping involed.

Wed Feb 01, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Congratulations on the A!

And...

Venus!!

...

Wed Feb 01, 09:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home