Saturday, July 30, 2005

To the Power of 10

So, I'm moving in 10 days!!! I can't believe it.
In the spirit of 10, read!

Things I'm looking forward to...
1. Having my stuff organized for the move...and keeping it that way
2. Meeting awesome new friends
3. Other colleges/banks not knowing where to send their endless mountain of junk mail
4. Going the the career seminars that I have worked into my schedule during dead week
5. Buying a spiffy yoga outfit
6. Comet Camp!
7. Having a beautifully-coordinated pink-and-yellow bathroom
8. Being the only one in the area (esp my apartment) with a "281" area code
9. Fantasizing about how well I'm going to do academically
10. Using the "Key Shirts" that I bought at Claire's on my keychain

Things I'm NOT looking forward to...
1. Deciding which things to take, and which to leave behind
2. Taking my ID picture
3. Waiting 2 extra weeks to get my scholarship check, since I declined direct deposit
4. The knowledge that 18 hours is quite a load...something I have yet to accept
5. The feelings of home-sickness that will undoubtedly commence after about 4 hours alone
6. See #9 above...yeah...it's never as good as I initially hope
7. Not having people around who are used to killing/evicting the creatures that sneak into my personal space (ie, roaches, spiders, crickets, small wandering gnomes)
8. See #3 above...I hope my family & friends don't forget my address!!! I'll be the Houston girl exiled!
9. The meager teen population at the Dallas church (but there are lots of young adults, I hear)
10. Not having a private violin teacher lined up!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaah! I need a teeeeeacherrrrrr!!!

I talked to another one of my roommates earlier this week. She's awesome too! I've been very blessed, I do believe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home