Friday, January 02, 2009

Stay-At-Home Moms in Perspective

Browsing Biblical Womanhood during lunch, I came across the following article. I am not a mom, of course, but this excerpt spoke to the purpose of stay-at-home moms that I know and respect, and the reasons behind my wanting to be one someday.
If I identify myself as the culture does, as a "stay at home Mom", one who has no intellectual contribution, gross-national product contribution or status symbol contribution, I become just that: a woman who sees herself as one who has grunted and groaned out another human being and now stays behind her four walls, in self-inposed seclusion. Not much of a vision there--it actually sounds strangely psychotic.

If I deem myself as a woman employed by the Creator of everything ever created, as on work assignment in a sacred domain for the sculpting of souls that will exist forever and forever without end, I have a burning passion of purpose. And a paycheck that is said to be beyond what eye or ear can even comprehend!

Read the full article here!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home