Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Early Bird

Here's my day in a nutshell. Normally I don't blab about my entire day, but I'm making an exception.

5:15 am
Alarm goes off. Adriane should be getting up to read for Gender Studies. Instead, she continues to snooze.

5:30 am
Alarm goes off again. Adriane subconsciously tells the alarm to put a sock in it. And keeps on sleeping.

7:14 am
Adriane wakes up, rolls over, and realizes the time. She has a slight heart attack until she realizes that she has not time for a heart attack, and jumps out of bed. She tosses her tidy nature to the side, and abandons her reputation for never leaving her room until her bed is made. [Alright, I've tired of 3rd person, and shall now convert to 1st.] I put on jeans & a t-shirt, then straightened my hair while putting my makeup on. Then I realized (after checking the weather) that it was 35*. The t-shirt idea promptly died. It is now on my floor. A sweater was better.

7:45 am
I ran out the door, debating the necessity of gloves, and went to the Pub to sign papers. I was supposed to be there at 8.

7:45 am continued
Somehow, as I walked up to the SU, my watch still said 7:45. I assumed that I must have read it wrong earlier, and slowed my pace a bit. I went to wash my hands & take my hair down.

7:42 am
I went to the Comet Lounge to study for a few minutes before I went to the Pub. But, it was strange that time had actually reversed itself, so I checked my phone. It was really...

7:59 am
So I fixed my watch (whose little knob had come out, allowing the time to change) and rushed to the Pub. I stood there till they opened the doors.

8:07 am
me: I'm here to sign papers
manager: we actually meant 8 pm

Yeah. Mad rush for naught.

So I filled out the papers & went to Genetics an hour early, and got coffee.

After Genetics, I went back to the depths of the Library where I left my notes on Friday. They weren't there. No problem, I remembered which books I had copied pages from, and redid the copies. Then I walked away to replace the books on the shelf. And left my copies on the printer. Yeah, twice does not constitute intelligence.

I really don't remember anything else. However, I do have some quotes from govt, which I shall post shortly.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Zahra, you beat me again! Awww! *positive vibes*

Tue Jan 17, 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

And it's not just that you get to post first--you say some of the exact same things I do! Crazy!

Wed Jan 18, 03:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home