Thursday, January 19, 2006

Run Run!

My Genetics professor did not post today's lecture slides before today, so I kept checking periodically this morning. Between 8:55 and 9:05, they got posted. Class was at 9:30. So, I made the decision to go ahead & download the file, change the font color to black & background to white, delete the random bars that resulted, and print the slides before class. I left after 14 slides had printed, at 9:27. Basically running, I got to Jonsson at 9:32. Because the system wasn't set up, class didn't really start till 9:46. BUT, my coffee cup came in the mail yesterday, so I had hot coffee all day long. Whee!

Ok, now for some promised Government quotes. Let me restate that this class makes me dumber by the minute. I leave there wanting to shoot myself. I can not do productive work after that class, because I fear that such would violate my social position of "complete brain-dead zombee" and result in my arrest.
Here are the abbreviations which I shall use for all future Government quotes:
M: the teacher
A: Adriane (meee)
Z: Zahra
N: Neil
G: Garrett

Tuesday

A:
Ok, I don't like...[his body language]
Z: I don't like him

Z: I want to throw something...we forgot the Nerds
A: staples?
5-10 minutes
Z: get out the staples

M: Bush calls up Coreman, Culman, Kulmann *burp* a few months later

M: what about the president?
G: I can't believe it's only been an hour

Today

M: you probably have obervations about that
A: I have observations about other stuff

M: you can find out a lot listening to your neighbor's conversations
A: I bet we would find out a lot listening to the convos upstairs

M: ...and then Congress took a looooong break
A: I would like to take a loooong break
Z: I'd like to throw something at him

After more stories about "when he worked here or there" and "when he met with so and so"...
A: he's using this time that we're stuck in this room to drown us in his personal & egotistical doctrine...this is a class in his history
Z: M... History 1101!

M: if you're sick, that's the only time the cat would get up on the bed & snuggle up to you

M: do you wanna get reelected?
AGZ: *in unison* no
M: might that influence your vote?
AGZ: *in unison* no
M: oooh yeah

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Adriane said...

by the bye, julie met the man of her dreams today.

Thu Jan 19, 06:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home