Friday, October 14, 2005

Thoughts

Sometimes something happens that makes me really dwell on the concepts of friends. Today, one such thing happened. I was in the middle of packing, when I found some papers in a purse that I needed to put in my box of stuff from a past relationship. I had put the box in the front closet cause I was in a hurry & didn't want to move stuff around in my own closet. I should probably remedy that...no one wants that box taking up valuable space lol. So I reached up onto the top shelf to open the lid, and on the side of the box was a post-it note reading: I love you! Julie

It's little things like that which make me realize how incredibly blessed I am to have been assigned such awesome roommates. These girls, I am proud to say, I call my friends. And I have no intention of that changing. I have become so close to them over the past 2 months...it feels like it has been so much longer.

Julie will probably never have any idea how much her note did for me. Chances are she put it there weeks ago and never thought anything else of it. But when I saw it, I realized that there are people in this world who don't just give lip service, but really care in their heart. They want me to be happy, and they are sad when I am not. I almost cried right then. And what's funny is that it had nothing to do with being sad about past memory. That box did not cause a single bit of emotion to stir inside of me. But the little gesture that my friend made - that did. I know she doesn't know the extent to which she made my day. But let's just say that from now on, when a thought of that box and it's memories enters my mind, the love shown by my friend will take the foreground and push any sadness aside. That's what she did for me. And now I'm crying again.

Now I'm going to put her note on my inspiration wall.
I love you too, Julie. Thanks so much.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Ooh, perfect--I'm listening to the love duet from Madama Butterfly right now. Man, having people who care like that is priceless.

Fri Oct 14, 08:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home