Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Roommate Weekend

After much procrastination (on the part of me) & bugging (on the part of my roommates), behold, the scoop on Roommate Weekend:

Friday evening, we went to Olive Garden. We got dressed in our matching jackets, then got lost & had to ask a man in a parking lot where to go. When we arrived, Zahra & I went inside to get on the waiting list. Then Julie & Valene joined us & we had the Sticker Ceremony. Princess stickers were a must for this occasion. We had Guam (or something) take our picture. Then we stood in a circle and made a scene for a while. We made friends with our waiter, Matthew, who we immediately crowned Snow White. He kindly put the sticker over his name tag. And we talked to the people next to us, informing them of Roommate Weekend. The guy said he didn't have any roommates, so I suggested that he get some.
After eating very little of our meal, we left with 10 to-go boxes. I wrote rhymes on each one, only a couple of which made some sense. They consisted of: dinner (4), dessert (4), salad (1), and breadsticks (1). Leaving the restaurant, there was a chalk outline of a body on the sidewalk. Apparently, a guy had gotten drunk & passed out earlier, breaking his nose. When the ambulance came to retrieve him, the bartender drew the outline.

Saturday morning I woke up with a horrible neck-ache that has continued (though to a lesser degree) until now. We had turned on a movie, and Julie & I were leaning on the middle-woman, Zahra. I fell asleep (just as I knew I would).

Then we went to Rack Room Shoes. I was in need of church shoes. But, they don't open till 10, so we walked next door to Ross. They didn't open till 9:30, so we knocked on the door. We figured perhaps they would make an exception for the observers of Roommate Weekend. But they didn't even acknowledge our presence. I think they were probably hiding in the back.

Julie got a hat at Target, where we walked to wait on Ross & Rack Room. I got a couple of shirts. At Ross, I got a black sweater, a photo album that looks like sand (for the Feast) & a dress (a strapless white one with fruit on it!!) for the Feast.

Outside Rack Room Shoes, there was a little bird that wasn't moving. The man inside said he thought it ran into the glass. It was very sad.

We tried to find a James Avery by asking directions. Zahra & I must have appeared quite confused because in the middle of telling us how to get there, the lady said, "would you like me to just write it down?" We thanked her and said yes. But James Avery decided not to live there anymore. So we left. I did, however, get some earrings (4 pair total). The other girls got cell phone charms.

We really weren't gone very long. Valene had to go to work & I had church, so Roommate Weekend was pretty much over. But, the memory will last a lifetime. It has been decided that we will try to do something as a group once a month. I look forward to these future gatherings. Goodnight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home