Saturday, October 29, 2005

Florida Update

So the Feast of Tabernacles was great...for the most part. The trip up was really good. No bickering or anything, which made it rather enjoyable, though I slept for most of the ride. I had no idea that I was THAT tired. They had to wake me up at Stuckey's and Cracker Barrel...I was dead.

We ended up with the same exact condo as last year. It was kinda ironic. Juliane & I had the room that Cameron & Chad had last year. I tried to get a ton of work done within the first couple of days before everyone got there...I'm sure glad I did, or else I would be buried in a hypothetical pile of poo at this very moment.

Skydiving was postponed from Wednesday to Friday, on account of a lack of pilot. We did not complain...pilots are important for things such as jumping out of an airplane. He was called away to his real job at the last minute.

Wednesday night, I went to the Young Adults Bible Study on Postmodernism...it was excellent. However, about an hour into it, I started feeling horribly ill. I waited another 45 minutes or so, but it just got worse, so I left. It turned out that I had a 102* fever, which I sustained throughout the next day. I told my mom on Thursday morning that, "I don't care if I'm still sick...I'm jumping out of an airplane tomorrow." What a horrible thing to have stop you from doing something cool.

I was better on Thursday night, though, so all was well. Sunday night we had dinner at Kaitlyn's condo with her family. She made fajitas...she's such an awesome cook...I think I'll adopt her. I packed up that night, though we didn't leave until after the second church service on Tuesday.

I finally got to hang out with Heather a little bit...we had been trying to make it work all week, but schedules just didn't permit I suppose. I hope to see her on Thanksgiving. I think it will be in Dallas this year which implies near zero travel requirements for me!! Although it probably means that I should cook something. (Oh, Kaitlyn...?)

We got home around 10 am on Wednesday, but my flight wasn't until 7 pm. So, I helped clean the kitchen, then went to get some pictures printed at Walgreens & got a book from Barnes & Noble for Cameron. Actually, I also bought one for myself, which I am saving until December when I will have a 5-week break from school.

Mom copied our skydiving videos onto DVD, but they won't play in any DVD player except the recording one. Nana came down to watch the video, after I went to her house to pick up a siren thingie designed to scare off potential kidnappers & rapists. It makes a hideous sound...I wouldn't want it blaring in my ear. It seems like a good device...I'm just worried about it growing a prosthetic mind of its own and taking over during class or something.

Mom & I went to the airport, and had to really rush. I don't think I've ever been this lax concerning air travel promptness. We ended up checking my bags at the curb, which I had no idea was ever an option! He said my big bag was over the weight limit, but he would let it slide. However, he said no to the adding of the giant pillow, albeit virtually weightless, to the bag in question.

So, I had 4 carry-ons now, twice the acceptable "1 carry-on & 1 personal item". I shall list them now:
*big pink tote bag
*big purse which is more like a small tote bag
*giant weightless pillow
*violin

How would one resolve this issue? Well, here's how it happened folks...and I know you're interested:
*give little things to Mom to take home...like empty zip-loc bags (I know they're small...but it's the principle of the matter)
*place purse in tote bag
*take pillow case off of pillow to make it appear less like a "bag"
*using 4 hands, stuff pillow violently onto the top of the tote bag, much to the dismay of the 3 monks sitting less than 10 feet away
*Mom helps to get now-very-heavy tote bag onto shoulder...the once-long handles now tiny due to the amount of over-stuffing it had to endure
*carry violin

On the airplane, I had the left window seat...I intentionally picked that so that I could see what was left of the sunset. I did get some pictures! Then the guy on the aisle moved randomly, and the middle seat was never taken. So I had the whole row to myself! Not that I actually thought to take advantage of that...I was too engrossed in my Geology reading. I finished a whole chapter on that short ride. Much self-proudness ensued.

Kaitlyn picked me up at the airport. We went back to my apartment where we visited for a bit. I was so happy to see my roommates again, though Zahra had gone home for the evening. (I was first to greet her upon her arrival the following morning, though.)

And someone put a rotten egg in a bag & put it on our clippy! My roommates took it down, of course, and at some point it went *splat!*. So, we had a nice display of egg on the floor, along with Whataburger bags and bbq sauce. Yuck. Perhaps we could send the picture to an art museum. We could call it Vandalism of the Eggy Persuasion.

I don't know. Oh, and I have made up 3 things:
*Humanities Quiz - Freud
*Government Terms Test #2
*Government Essay Test #2
Just one thing left to do:
*Lab Test #3

Yay!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

I know it'd be better than some of the art in museums today...

Sat Oct 29, 06:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home