Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Long Time, No Post

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly because of the end-of-semester madness that comes a couple of times each year. Here are some of the things that I remember:

My violin recital went quite well. I got to wear a pretty dress, and there were no major mess-ups! Somehow, I think the fact that the hall was full actually made me less nervous. Strange how that works... But Benjamin & my dad gave me some really pretty flowers, that I've been able to arrange nicely in a vase. It's a pretty mix of dark & light pink gerber daisies (duh), pink calla lilies, and pink gladiolas. Benjamin's family, grandparents, and cousin came, along with my parents & Juliane, Julie & Derek, and Zahra & Neil. I feel I was well supported :)

I was not, however, well supported by my teacher from last semester. I got a B+ in one of my literature classes in the fall, and decided to contest the grade and request an A-. I have gone all semester under the impression that I had until finals to start the process, but really I only had 8 weeks. I met with the professor anyway, and she didn't want to change the grade. I understand that teachers have the final authority on these issues, but I feel like I should not have made an "A/B" (whatever that is) on my paper and a B- on my exam. Especially when her only complaints were things like "don't phrase it that way" and crossing out "their native country" and scribbling in "Czechoslovakia." And really especially when I speak English fluently, and...well...

I have 1 more exam tomorrow, and then I'll be finished!

This summer I'm taking 5 classes:
> Statistics (CCCC)
> Advanced Composition
> World Music
> Intro to Criminal Justice
> US History

And then I'll be finished-finished! I don't know if I'm relieved-excited or scared-excited. Luckily I don't have to decide right now...I just need to get to the point where I do.

Last night Benjamin let Chloe sleep in the bedroom instead of in her kennel in the living room. I didn't notice until I got up to get some water at 4am. So I guess she behaved herself rather well, or maybe I was just tired & didn't notice her walking on me.

It's only 4:40 and I'm ready for a nap.

I'd like to find out what I need to do to get teacher-certified without having to take classes here.

I had a yummy margarita last night, and it was yummy. I want another one today :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home