Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Our Contribution

Last night, I went with Mom, my aunt, and my cousin to a new sushi place. It was an eventful 2 hours, complete with spilled drinks & shocked expressions.

We ordered some "Craziest Roll" (I think), but asked for immitation crab instead of the real stuff. When they brought it out, Aunt Gina & Mom ate it, and my aunt said, "I think this is authentic." So we left it alone, and ordered more with immitation. We explained to the waiter that we don't eat crab, so if they couldn't make it with immitation, we didn't want any. They brought out more, and it looked the same. But, Emily & I reasoned that "we said we didn't want it if it were real" so we ate it. Read:
waiter: Is everything ok?
the 4 of us: *nodd* yeah it's great
waiter: Good, cause I didn't get to check it before they brought it out this time...
the 4 of us: (in unison) *look at each other, feeling instantaniously sick*
That's right. I think I ate crab.

We decided to decorate the plate in the entryway (where they put a sample meal) with our own contributions. Emily, Aunt Gina & I all grabbed a leftover piece of sushi. Mom grabbed the giant ball of wasabi. When the waiter came to our table, we were all holding our respective sacrifices. The sushi looked normal (we could have been eating it) but Mom quickly hid her wasabi gift under the table. When we left, we threw the gifts on the plate. Several minutes of laughter commenced outside.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home