Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Yay, Richardson!

This weekend was busy but wonderful. I had exactly zero incidents of running over things (count them, zero), though I nearly died about 2 miles from church. Not to worry, I was brave and survived. Benjamin & I watched tons of "Lost" and he cooked Saturday night, and Sunday we made the pilgrimage to Richardson so I could move in. Yes, I moved in all of my stuff single-handedly. Everyone else just watched. Why did they just watch, you ask, instead of helping? Well, they were totally amazed by my sheer strength, of course.

Mom came up too!!! I was terribly happy that she made the trip, seeing as how the day before was her first time back to church in Houston. Two long days in a row has gotta be tough.

Yesterday, Megan & I tried to run "errands" on campus. We got my wireless set up, I sold back the Government book for which they only wanted to give me $17 in April, etc. I realized I can't buy my parking permit because I don't have my stinking registration or whatever it is they want. Argggggggh!

I did some cleaning & organizing, then went grocery shopping. Frankford was backed up, sadly, and it nearly ruined my faith in the "backroad" system. Midnight Madness at OCB wasn't terribly crowded. There are a couple of books I couldn't find, but I got all the rest for $254. Yay! Actually, it'll be $304 because I'm buying my College Algebra book from another girl. Yay again!

Then I decided I wanted pie. So I went to Tom Thumb (aka Randall's) who had virtually none of individual slices, and I certainly did not want to get an entire pie, as there's no one else here. So I got a cheesecake (a little one). I was then disappointed to find that it was frozen so unbelievably solid that I could not cut it. So I let it thaw on the counter, so I could cut it. It was still frozen though, so I put it in the microwave. Good idea, right? Ha! You wanna know what I got? Half-frozen-half-hot cheesecake.

Julie's coming today!!! She'll be here in about an hour :D And then Zahra is coming later on...I can't wait guys!!! I'm off to jimmy Julie's lock (don't ask).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home