Monday, November 07, 2005

A little too much Faulkner

Our Humanities assignment due tomorrow is to read "Faulkner". However, our book of short stories contains 2 pieces by Faulkner - Barn Burning (13 pages) and A Rose for Emily (7 pages). Julie & I decided to read both, because we weren't sure which one would be on the quiz, or if both readings were expected. Just as I was 4 lines from the end of Barn Burning, Julie told me that she just found out that we are only responsible for A Rose for Emily. So now I get to start reading the actual assignment. And it would be better, but the first story was disturbing...about a compulsive barn burner (as the title may suggest to some of the more intelligent readers). Yay, Faulkner! Maybe I'll try to write a paper on Barn Burning...of course, it would be on the story, not a how-to or some kind of expose' on the art or crime of barn burning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home