Friday, September 30, 2005

Yesterday began a cold front in Dallas. Yup, it was in the 50's. We wore jackets! Soon will come the time for sleeping on the balcony as we have been planning since our move-in time.

After examining rocks, I had a meeting with my geology professor to discuss my less-than-happiness-inducing grade. I almost dropped the course yesterday...seriously...I had all the paperwork filled out & had left class an hour early (after bombing another test). Before this test my average was 61 (passing). Now it's a 59 (not passing). But the professor's point was that I'm above average, so really I have a solid B. Of course, I want an A & he knows that. So he said all I really need to do is get like 5 points higher on each test & I'll have it. He also told me that he thinks I'm just memorizing, which won't cut it. I suppose maybe I am...now I gotta fix it.

Then I went to the bookstore & bought a book to increase my grammar-freakishness. That's right - the SparkNotes Ultimate Style guide, "rules of writing".

Then yoga. I fell asleep during the Savasana...and it was only a 12 minute pose! I was thinking we stayed in it for at least 20 minutes for me to get that kind of a nap!

Sliding Doors came in today! I watched it with Julie. I love it.

And my parents & sister are coming to Dallas tomorrow for Family Day. I'm excited!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home