Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...

...And if the old man was snoring, I'd probably want to smack him upside the head. It's miserable outside, which is saying something for someone like me, who loves the rain.

It seems I'm the only one who didn't get the memo from weather.com, as I wore thin pants & a short-sleeve shirt to work today. I did, however, remember to take flip-flops for my chamber music rehearsal.

When I got to UTD, it was pouring so hard that I stuck my keys & my phone in my violin case, changed into flip-flops (a bitter-sweet reality, as they kept me from swimming in socks, but it's absolutely frigid), wrapped my music in a plastic bag, and headed out (coatless) on my quarter mile treck to rehearsal.

The situation wasn't helped by the fact that I somehow hurt my left wrist on Sunday, and the pain hasn't subsided. For a more accurate picture, see the below visual aid:

hurt wrist + 2 1/2 hr rehearsal + cold + wet + irritable + sortof mean instructor
=
unpleasant situation

Then I called Benjamin on my way home, and he alerted me to the power outage in our apartment. Apparently it was still out, because the traffic light he had just passed was blinking. But, it came on about 10 minutes after I got home. I was able to warm up slightly by nuzzling my freezing toes under Benjamin's shirt, and putting my hands on his neck. He did not seem to appreciate my attempt at snuggling, as he complained like a munchkin that I was making him cold. However, when I allowed him to warm my extremities voluntarily, he was much more amiable.

Anyways, I'm skipping class because I honestly feel like if I go out one more time I'll get an ear infection. And, I'm not sure that I can handle people talking just to hear themselves talk for 3 hours right now, wishing that I was snuggled on the couch with my hubby watching House and eating the soup that I think he's making for me. Mmmm...veggies!

That is all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home