Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ok, so it's been forever...

But now I'm back. It wasn't my fault! Whereas I wanted to update on a daily basis, I was kidnapped on the night of December 14th by a band of wild chimps. They stole me from my bed in the dark of the night and took me to live with them in the Chilian jungle. There, I learned their customs, ate their food, and slept in their trees. I became very proficient at the art of eating bugs off of my hosts' backs. When the time came for me to embark upon my journey homeward, the chimps reluctantly let me leave. They bestowed upon me the revered distinction of Honorary Human Member of the Chimp Society. Then, I set out on foot to climb my way northward. I stopped in Houston for a while, to assure my family of safety, and then continued my journey to Dallas, where I am today. I am glad to be back in America, but the Chilian Chimps will always hold a special place in my heart.

Actually, I just didn't take much time to update, though I probably could have. I didn't have my computer hooked up to the home network, and couldn't remember my passwords. I'm a dork. Anyway, as I don't want to type tons of junk detailing several weeks of happenings, I shall give short memory joggers, which will probably prove more useful to myself than to any of my faithful readers.

So here they are, in stream of consciousness:
~ Honking man at the left green light
~ Nice man in B&N who said I looked "deep in thought"
~ Man who made me furious in Wal-Mart
~ Wal-Mart troubles
~ Quik-Trip trips
~ Austin with Mom & Juliane
~ No Lewisville
~ Shipping computer
~ Late fee grrr
~ Boots, jacket, hat
~ Clean Momma's room
~ Hair coppy-off

Ok I'm not even focused. I'm sending my computer in to have the "I" key fixed in about an hour and I've spent the last who-knows-how-many hours trying to back up the important stuff. I did get documents, but no pictures. And I started out with 4 CD's for the project, but 3 of them are now ruined because something went wrong in the writing process!!!!! I want to shoot my computer. Something tells me, however, that such an act of rage would be somewhat counterproductive. Plus I don't have a gun. I do, however, have some rubber bands that I could shoot at it like my mom does to me.

So yeah, probably no more updates for "up to 10 business days" after I ship my comp.

Goodbye.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

First paragraph: I've heard that one before...

I hate left turns. I must work out a way to eliminate them. Three right turns, anyone? And Wal-Mart is evil.

Fri Jan 06, 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Oh! Yes! I should have done 3 right turns!!! And where did you hear of my kidnapping? Did all of America know, and yet send no one to rescue me?!?!

Fri Jan 06, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

I mean, I've heard that excuse before. Not a new one--right down to the Honorary Human Member designation part. :p

Sat Jan 07, 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home