Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A word on gag reflexes

In Jujitsu on Monday, I agreed to be choked (by pressure point) on Wednesday (today). So when I came to class today, I reminded the instructor of my commitment, of which he was most pleased. To clarify, this specific choke is used to get out of another choke. You basically have to stick your middle finger behind someone's breast bone...up and then down, to hit the nerves behind the bone. It made me shudder to think about.

Half-way through class, the instructor came over & said "let's see what you've got." I was preparing to punch Julie (nicely, of course) when he grabbed me by the neck (actually choking me). I am told that we quickly covered about 10 feet of floor space. I freaked out, and failed to breathe steadily out. But, I soon gained control of my thought processes & recalled the presure-point choke, which I had thought was going to be done on me. Without hesitation, I did it. And he let go.

Yay! I choked someone...the instructor, no less! Then I ran over to Julie & gave her a hug. She said, "I'm proud of you...but this isn't doing much for our image." Which it wasn't. Guys in that class think we're babies...I intend to prove them wrong. I didn't see them getting choked & getting out of it. Muahahahaa!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home