Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bye Bye Bye

Yesterday I was studying in the cafe when there came a booming sound from the general direction of the jukebox. Now, normally I would just assume that someone thought to themself, "Hey, how 'bout some musica" and acted upon this impulse to create some via the machine. In fact, I had just witnessed a middle-aged man rise from his seat and walk confidently toward the thing. But when the *boom* which emerged very closely resembled "Bye Bye Bye" by N'Sync, I and the rest of the cafe population were a wee bit disturbed.

Don't get me wrong, I like that song as much as anybody (except, perhaps N'Sync-obsessed 7th graders, or the mommies of the singers, or the guy selling cotton candy at their concerts, or...well, let's just say I like the song). But for a middle-aged man to pick that song? I wasn't the only one that thought it strange. As I surveyed the room, I noticed most of the tables taking part in "wow, that's odd" look sessions with their table-mates. I don't think that's a word. Oh well.

Then a guy started singing. As probably assumed, I didn't get any work done for the duration of the song. Or it's encore, "It's Gonna Be Me".

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Oh dear...

Thu Oct 06, 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home